Wednesday 7 March 2012

A Proposition

Having recently initiated myself into 'twitter' I am yet to determine how it will benefit ceramics or contribute to raising its profile. But I do have a suggestion, which is this:

Anybody, anywhere who into Ceramics create a twitter account and in every 'tweet' somewhere in the sentence put #ceramics. That way when ever you or anybody searches #ceramics, every ceramist/potter/designer/makers last thoughts will be there and we can all pull together and formulate our plans for world domination. I just searched it now on twitter and this is what came up....


The revolution has already begun, we just need to join it!! Unite the ceramic types of the world!







2 comments:

Phill Schmidt said...

I have twitter, but rarely use it. When I first got it, I would tweet about things, but it seemed pointless. It felt a little like telling short stories to no audience. Who wants to do that? But I have one nonetheless, and will try this #ceramics idea! maybe it will get me back into twitter!

Anne Castano said...

I have met a few people through Twitter, it took me a while to gt my head round the concept, but I think it could be a good be a way of making connections with people you would find it much harder to find on Facebook or a blog. But people have to us key words to make themselves visable to the right people.

I am am thinking of initiating some sort of synchronised ceramic event. World wide. Maybe a synchronised sale, or promotional event. The idea is in it's very early stages (ie; I just thought about it!). What do you think? Daft or possibly a good way to raise the profile of ceramics?